Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Celebrating Our Family Roots With Antoinette Harrell



On February 15th, 2011 I was honored to be asked to speak about my family history research on Antoinette Harrell's radio talk show "Nuturing Our Roots."

At this time she mentioned that there were not many male Black amateur geneaologists available to speak and I was pleased to share my story during Black History Month.

I was at work and the phone system would not let me call outside of the area. So I got on a few minutes late on my cell phone and we talked for an hour. I wish it was more! I had a great time talking to her and answering people's questions. My friends and family listened in on this broadcast.

At the 62:00 mark I get on during the 2 hour broadcast. I really appreciate Antoinette for taking the time to interview me for her show. I enjoyed the conversation and would love to do it again. Her blogspots and Talk Shows are very informative so please sign up and listen to her podcasts.

Please click the link below to listen to the broadcast.

blogtalkradio.com/antoinette-harrell




2 comments:

  1. Go 'head with your Bad Self! I'm gonna listen to it tonight! It is a Honor when they call on you. Pioneer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The difference from then to now: 1. My book is up to 370 pages 2. I took a 2nd DNA test to specify my mother's lineage but its still not 100% verified. 3. I had to change several branches based on bad data so I would safely say between 10-12 generations verified that I can go back to instead of 15. 4. I haven't started the other 2 books yet. 5. I finally started this blog!!

    ReplyDelete