- Robert Young Jr. (1845-1939) He married Tena Grant and had at least 8 children. His death certificate only mentioned Nancy Young as mother.
- Loreander Young (1847-) No record of her was found after 1860.
- Josh Young (1852-) He married Julia Wright and had at least 4 children. He died prior to 1900.
- Louisa Young (1856-) No record was found after 1880. She was named after her aunt Louisa (1822-), the wife of Wiley Young (1818-).
- Alfred Young (1860-1900) He was my great-grandfather. He was married to Charity Malery (1856-1900). I wrote a blog post about them. They both died prior to 1910 with no death records.
- Betty Young (1865-) She might have been known as Nancy Young in later censuses.
In that list of 13, I found 2 that stood out:
- Nann (the record stated she was also known as Nancy) no age was given. This is my Nancy Young.
- Jerry no age was given. Jerry was identified in the 1828 inventory of Richard Hankinson as the son of Betty.
Sarah Hankinson, daughter of Betty and Simon, could have been the same woman that was married to Butler Hankerson. Butler was the son of Abram Hankerson (1790-) and Patty (Patsy) Bush-Hankerson (1800-) as seen in the above census record and the Petition file. Butler and Sarah's children were Abram Jr. (1860-) and Primus Hankerson (1850-).
What I find interesting is that most of these names repeat which gave me the identity of Missy I as Betty Hankinson, my 3x great grandmother. In order to knock down these brick walls, you need to be able to spot these names when they occur. In the next blog post I will reveal the name of Missy II within the Hankinson family records.